Monday, May 30, 2011

Party Cupcakes Tutorial

Step 1: Make cucpcakes. I use cake mix. It's foolproof. Let cool.

Step 2: Make butter cream frosting. I've used several different recipes online, including this and this. They all taste the same to me so now I just throw it all together. Here's my recipe:

1 stick softened butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
splash of milk (You can add more if needed. If you add too much, just add more sugar)

Mix butter until creamy. Add other ingredients. Mix until fluffy and desired consistency. This will make enough frosting for 24 cupcakes. However, if you are going to use a piping tool, double the recipe.




I topped with blue and green pearl sprinkles from Michael's.


Step 3: Make Cupcake Toppers


Materials:
1 sheet scrapbook paper
Sticker letters
Tooth picks
Glue gun


I cut out circles from the scrapbook paper. A circle punch would have been faster, but I'm cheap. Then I stuck on the stickers. The monkey was a clip-art I printed and cut out. Glue circles onto toothpicks and stick in cupcakes.


You could also use a paint pen to draw the letters. This method was used by my sister who helped me with this birthday bunting. Thank goodness she's talented. I was running out of time!





I bought the cupcake stand last year from Michael's.

No comments:

Post a Comment